Christmas and therefore the season for wishing is over, but we wouldn´t be true perfumistas if we didn´t have a few items remaining on those tiny, short, positively minuscule wishlists of ours.
Correct me if I am wrong 😉
I got many generous gifts, and I still have to make a dent in my “To Review” box of samples next to my computer. But still…
There is always on more fragrance we need to try, or need to re-try or even need a full bottle of. One more…or maybe five?
1. Guerlain L’Heure Bleue Extrait de Parfum Hmmm, what can I say to this? It is a must have item in every Perfumistas inventory. It fits me like a glove, a perfume like coming home. It finally needs to come home for real in its best incarnation – the Extrait and in a full bottle.
2. Guerlain Shalimar Extrait de Parfum For reasoning, see above. Suitable for an entirely different mood, though.
3. Atelier Cologne Set A cute set of all five Atelier Cologne fragrances in 30ml bottles that are also refillable. I love those perfumes right now, such freshness, the ideal antidote to the winter blues. They will have to wait until the budget allows, but then I´ll pounce…;)
4. Tauer Perfumes Carillon Pour Un Ange This will stay on my wishlist until the end of March, when Andy will release it in the Hommage bottle. Can´t wait!!!
5. Serge Lutens Un Lys and Encens Et Lavande Okay, I realize that there are two perfumes under 5. But that is not cheating. No, it is not, because I say so. It is my blog. (Not deploying the greatest debating skills here ;)) I saved the biggest wish for last, and I am prepared to bide my time, but one day I will own bell jars of these two Lutenses.Un Lys was in an regular export bottle in 2007, I believe. If I where to find of of these somewhere still, I would even be happier. But so far no luck.
What is on your list right now?
Picture source: Vintage Ad Browser, makeupalley.com, some rights reserved, thank you!
I’ve manged pretty well lately to resist my cravings (at least for parfum…). Of course, even it’s a short one, there is a list. Voila :
Ormond Jayne Ta’if in Parfum version (has been there for a while now, it’s rather a financial problem…),
Lutens Gris Clair and Clair de Musc
Malle Cologne Bigarade
Lovely list, Lady Grey! I like Clair de Musc very much too. Why are you going for Cologne Bigarade not Bigarade Concentree? Just curious! 🙂
Oh, no misterious reason, but pure greed. For a very long time I couldn’t decide which one I like better – I don’t see the Concentree as the concentrated version of the Cologne, they are quite different for me. Then I got the Concentree as present. And still I can’t decide which is more “moi” and so I want to have both. Greed, I told you…
I forgot two from my eternal wishlist : Bel Respiro and Bois des Iles (Chanel…)
Those two are beautiful, I just can’t get over the fact that these wear off so quickly, I would love a higher concentrated version of the exclusifs.
Haha, I see! I can totally understand your reasoning. 🙂
I’m obsessed with incense and rose at the moment so the top 5 of my “To Try” list are:
1. Une Rose Chypree – sample on it’s way!
2. Portrait of a Lady – don’t think this will be “me” because of the patchouli but need to try.
3. Dzongkha – I think I do want to smell of dry stones but can’t be sure till I’ve tried it.
4. Cardinal – Sample on the way, thanks for the encouragement B!
5. Diorling – very curious how this new version of the leather classic will work for me.
Very nice list, Tara! I have not tried Diorling. I hope it works for you.
Shalimar extrait is on my list as well. Bois Naufrage by PG as well.
Sample sets from several natural perfumers (Mandy Aftel, Roxana Villa, Anya’s Garden, Providence Perfumery, AbdesSalaam, etc).
OMG! No way is all this happening this year.
I know, we can never smell and own all we want, part of being a perfumista is constant self-restraint, more or less successfully 😉
I so much agree with you about L’Heure Bleue and Shalimar. Great options!
I want to try the new fragrance by Cartier and I want to try:
Amarylis by Floris London, Jeux de Peau by Lutens, Honey Blossom by Aftelier, Mata Hari by DHS, Absolu de Vanille by Maison de la Vanille.. I have many more.
About vintage… I want to try a scent that I have never smelled and that is old. Which one, I have no idea. Yet.
I am sure you will love DSH Mata Hari, it may be what you are looking for in your last sentence, it is not old, but it smells like it is – in the best sense of that meaning. 🙂
Oooh, the wish list! Earlier this morning I had the privilege of crossing something off my FB wish list! Here’s to dreaming:
1. Champagne de Bois (full bottle, on the way!!!!!)
2. Bois des Iles (planning to buy in February)
3. Jeux de Peau, March release date—to sniff!
4. L’Heure Fougeuse, on which my hopes are pinned
5. OJ discovery set, still haven’t bought this!
6. Ineke sample set, see above
7. Tauer discovery set, see above
Hardly worth calling a “list” at all! 😉
I’ll take a moment to compliment your taste B., those full-bottles of L’HB and Shalimar are must haves!
Great compilation of items! (not a list, no!) Jeux de Peau interests me too, of course, but I hope I won’t like it, it has come that far…My list is randomly shortened to five, for the sake of form only, it bears no relation to reality 😉
Osmanthus Oolong and a jug of Atelier Orange cologne…I think that’s it…
Oh yes, the Atelier Cologne….
Oh, geez, where do I start…
A full bottle of Incense Extrème
Ditto for Orange Star
a discovery set of Ormonde Jayne (I’ve only tried Ormonde Jayne Woman, and it went straight into my book, if not onto my protagonist! :D)
A bell jar of Boxeuses
A square bottle of Bas de Soie
and if I ever find vintage Dioressence extrait, I’ll die happy. Until I find something else to pant over…;-)
There is ALWAYS something else to pant over…;)
That’s the problem, isn’t it? Those fatal attacks of the “I-wanna”s…
Which I take to mean that I shall never achieve Nirvana, knowing I’ll never be free from desires contained in bottles…
Maybe in my next life. When I return as a pampered house cat…;)
We may never reach Nirvana, but we smell good. Good enough for me 😉
The main fragrance on my wishlist right now is Habit Rouge. I sampled it for the first time today and it shot right to the top of my full bottle purchase list.
I totally understand! Guerlain is my absolute favorite at the moment. That house has produced so many great perfumes.