Monday Question – How Was You Weekend And Which Perfume Did You Wear?

Once a month I ask you about your weekend. How was it?

What did you do?

Which perfume(s) did you wear?

It was unbelievably hot in Vienna this past weekend (still is!) and we escaped to Neusiedler See, a lake in Burgenland, about an hour from the city. Not that it was any cooler there, but at least the boys had fun playing pirates and water police.

I was unlucky enough to tear a muscle in my calf last Wednesday, so I am on crutches, a great workout in 33 degree weather, I can tell you. 😉

Perfume-wise, I am really happy with Eau de Narcisse Bleu by Hermès and L’Eau Neroli, a pretty orange blossom by Diptyque.

Advertisements

This entry was posted in Monday Question and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

45 Responses to Monday Question – How Was You Weekend And Which Perfume Did You Wear?

1. profumina says:

Get well soon!

2. Sandra says:

I hope you feel better soon. Summer has finally arrived and although I am grateful I Know it must be hard on you with the crutches. I have been enjoying MDCI Peche Cardinal and Rose de Siwa in the heat.

It’s unebelievably hot in Zagreb too but I was lucky to spend a long weekend at the seaside (where unfortunately the sea was so cold you couldn’t swim much).
    I wore Bombay Bling and sunscreen. 😀 😉

Awful about your muscle! How did that happen?! That’s really a shitty injury, takes forever to heal.

Saw your gorgeous photos of Smokvica on FB, glad you had the chance to escape the city.
      The leg – I was running, quite obviously not as well as you. 😉

4. Oh no that doesn’t sound great. Get better soon. Like you we are having a heat wave in France plus we live in an ancient house with no air con. I’ve been spraying my face with Eau de Beaute from Caudalie – I highly recommend this in the heat and for lovers of fresh, herbal scents. Perfume is disappearing from my skin nearly as fast I spray it on but I did wear a lot of Ninfeo Mio in the weekend – one of my favourites in hot weather.

5. I hope your muscle heals soon, dear B. I’ve been wearing 4711 edc lately to try and help fight the heat.

6. rosestrang says:

A leg injury and crutches in hot weather sounds quite grim, hope you’re better soon!
    It’s been gloriouly sunny in Scotland but with a blasting wind. The jazz festival was on so I went along to see someone sing, then on Sunday my dad and friend talked me into a vintage car show in the Borders. It was on a castle estate with lovely huge trees, thousands of cars, and nerdy men staring at them! Not my usual Sunday activity, but enjoyable.
    I wore Lumiere Noire to the jazz (my female pals wore Black Orchid) and Kelly Caleche (horse carriage reference!) to the cars show. My male friend wore MFK’s Silk Oud – its smoky notes blended nicely with car fumes, in a good way!

• saffyishere says:

MFK Silk Oud is gorgeous
      In Australia, we are in Winter, so I’ve been freezing cold {waiting on replacement heater on July 1st!!!!}. And I work every weekend, which causes me back pain. I wore Tobacco Vanille and Samsara in a layering effect on both days. Hope your heal quickly.

Fabulous perfume choices very fitting to the occasions.
      It sounds like a great weekend!

7. Azar says:

It was unseasonably hot here too! I had a lot of prep work to do for upcoming recitals so had to stay in town. Yesterday I had a few spare moments to put together decant prizes and managed to wear several in the process, among them Acqua Classica by Borsari, Annick Goutal Neroli and
    vintage Sirocco cologne. The overall effect was, thankfully, cooling. Going around on crutches in the heat doesn’t sound like much fun. I’m sorry and hope you are running again soon!

8. Hamamelis says:

What bad luck to tear a muscle, hope it heals up well! I caught the flue this weekend so no enjoying the beautiful weather, just a dark cool bedroom. Now out of bed for a few hours, and them more napping.

9. empliau says:

So sorry about the crutches! And in the heat … but at least you smell gorgeous! Neroli is a great favorite of mine – someday I must try the Diptyque. As to what I wore – I had two birthday dinners this weekend, since the restaurant we wanted to go to wasn’t open on Sunday, the actual day, so I wore Antonia to the restaurant and Carnal Flower on Sunday. (It has been quite cool here.)

10. Figuier says:

A lovely sunny weekend here in England – though today we’re back to rain, of course…On Friday night for dinner I wore some Philosykos (solid perfume) layered with Songes edt – the former amped up the coconut effect of Songes, and deepened the vanilla somehow also. As things got properly warm I switched to Bigarade Concentree, which I last wore during my August summer holidays – it really got me dreaming of the seaside! So sorry to hear about your torn muscle; it’s a painful injury I know, so hope it heals very fast!

11. anitathepianist says:

Hi, sorry to hear about your injury. I understand how it is to be hurt when the weather is hot. Here in South Carolina it is so hot, especially in the afternoon, that I just stay inside in the air-conditioned coolness and practice piano and read. Recently I bought a FB of Mona’s Musc and am playing with pairing it with L’Heure Bleue and it works beautifully.

I spent the weekend in London with my husband.and didn’t wear parfum, so I can try some new ones, like White, or Dior’s Feve, or Lubin’s new.
    Get well soon !

13. Marie says:

It has been a very long time since my last comment but anyway, I’m sorry to hear about your injury :-/ Hope you get better soon!
    I wore Mito Voile d’Extrait at the weekend, it blooms very nicely in the heat and is not overwhelming at all. Other than this, I was surrounded by the smell of my sun lotion, a lovely Monoi coconut jasmine fragrance 🙂

14. johanob2014 says:

I wrote this stunning comment and it just poof!Disappeared!Lol!Anyway!Hope the leg heals soon!Enjoy your week!

How horrible to have to hobble in the hot weather! I hope you are off the crutches soon. 😦

I spent the weekend in Scotland – a round trip of 578 miles, taking in two gigs, a family visit, and a birthday celebration. Much wine, little sleep, but it was worth it!

16. happyface313 says:

🙂 Steaming hot in Vienna, luckily we have airco, but Eau de Pamplemousse Rose did the job for me.
    About your leg – ouch! That hurts! Plus the heat – I don’t envy you. Get well soon! xo 🙂

17. ajones-aromatics says:

Always hot here in Barbados. I wore Green Tea & Yuzu by Elizabeth Arden. I hope your leg gets better soon.

18. I had a lovely weekend, thanks for asking!
    As for my perfume I went for a combination of Escentric Molecules 01 and MFK Amyris.
    Have a great week ahead!
    Lots of xx, Annie | Annie’s Beauty

Sorry to hear that you’re on crutches, Birgit. Wishing you a speedy recovery. The perfume I wore over the weekend was Epic Woman.

20. stina says:

Crutches + heat = no fun at all, ugh. Gute (u. schnelle) Besserung!!

I spent the weekend with my extended family in Michigan farm country; their small town was celebrating its summer festival, so there was a town barbecue, hot-air balloons, dog agility contests, and a parade (with polished-like-glass fire engines, the local high school marching band, classic cars, farm machinery from the local dealers, and a guy on stilts running races with a bunch of kids).

The weather was perfect – sunny and breezy and warm, but not hot or humid. Unfortunately I overdid it in the sun and came home looking like a boiled lobster!

I wore Sycomore and Stilettos on Lex until I scorched myself and had to go commando; today I tried some of Andy Tauer’s Vetiver and Petitgrain Splash on the bits of me that have healed sufficiently. It’s a water frag, so I figured it’d be easier on my skin than something alcohol-based. Seems like a good summer cologne, and I’m a vetiver fiend anyway.