Calling All Angels – Finding Hidden Beauty Part V

I have been out looking for angels this week, I found plenty, but they all look terribly sad…

Sightless eyes, mouths open in a silent, anguished scream…

They look scary and scared.

But they still look beautiful…

…from every angle.

Beauty does not necessarily go hand in hand with happiness. Even in pain, beauty can prevail.

Advertisements

This entry was posted in Beauty, Photography and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

41 Responses to Calling All Angels – Finding Hidden Beauty Part V

1. Sandra says:

Oh too funny Birgit! They really are sad angels aren’t they!

2. brie says:

“even in pain beauty will prevail”….I love that! So well put!
    enjoy the day, B.!

What a beaufitul, positive spin you’ve put on those anguished angels!

4. lucasai says:

Their faces are a little bit creepy

5. masha7 says:

Oh, the first one especially looks like a Weeping Angel from Dr. Who…Don’t blink or turn your back on it!!

6. Melis says:

Even in pain, beauty can prevail………your words have really struck a chord with me, Birgit. I believe it.

Hope you and your son feel better soon.

I’m going to pretend that these angels have these looks on their faces because they are writhing in ecstasy … that they are angels visiting Sexy Town, and we just can’t see what else is going on. 😀
    (Can I suggest that on your family-friendly blog? If not, feel free to delete. I just need my angels to be sexy if they’re going to look that way.)

8. I think they are sad because of all the living they missed to get to heaven, what do you think Birgit?
    Portia xx

9. ginzaintherain says:

This post makes me really want to come to Vienna. I love the Siberry/Lang song as well…..

10. laniersmith says:

There is an angel that sits on the edge of my bed every night……… He has been there as long as I can remember.

Birgit, they are just freezing! You should try taking pictures of the same angels in Spring: you’ll see, they will be much jollier 😉

These angels are borderline gargoyles, haha, and I do love me a good gargoyle. No complaints here!