Beautiful Perfume Advertisements – Chanel N°5 Movie #2

Here is another Chanel commercial for N°5 featuring the charming Audrey Tatou.

Like the Nicole Kidman movie, this one is beautifully retro in feel and lavishly made. There are elements I love and some that bother me a bit.

I like Audrey Tautou, but I can’t help but think she looks somewhat strange here… a bit haunted maybe? And the man is a bit too boyish and young and good-looking for me to take him seriously (I’m awfully prejudiced here, I know). In general I don’t buy their emotions, Audrey just doesn’t look convinced or convincing.

But that close-up of the bottle of Chanel N°5, the liquid vibrating with the train’s motion, and later the shadow passing over Audrey’s bed are just amazing.

Does it work for you?

Happy Easter to all! xoxo

Advertisements

This entry was posted in Ramblings and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Beautiful Perfume Advertisements – Chanel N°5 Movie #2

1. I got totally lost in it. Gorgeous.
    I think I might steal and show next week Birgit. Do you mind?
    Portia xx

2. It definitely does work for me! I LOVE Audrey Tautou and anything Jean-Pierre Jeunet directs (if you haven’t seen Delicatessen you must).

I was very relieved when I saw this ad for the first time because I have to admit that I wasn’t a fan of the Nicole Kidman one, simply because Baz Luhrman and I don’t get along style-wise.

This one is beautiful though.

3. arline says:

Beautiful!!!!!!! I too LOVE Audrey Tatou, and I want all of the things she was wearing in this mini film!!!! I need to revisit Chanel No5, because I have not smelled it in years. I remember not liking it. It could have been the person who was wearing it though. She was a teacher of mine, and I loved her as a teacher and an artist, but she smoked like a chimney, which could have had an adverse effect on her Chanel No 5.

I have already watched the mini film (yes I know it is an ad, but it feels like a film short), over a couple of times, and am sure to again. I don’t have television, so I love things like this.

I will definitely take The Candy Perfume Boy’s suggestion, as he has good taste in music, and scent!!!!!!!!

No5 was surely done a disservice by the cigarette stench. 🙂

Glad you like it, Arline!

• arline says:

So I, like I said, have watched the film many more times, and I still find it quite beautiful, but I do agree, that Audrey looks haunted and sad. ( I still love her though, and think she looks pretty). The guy should have been a little more substantial though. I think he is quite good looking, but you are probably correct in saying that someone a bit more mature looking would have been much better here,

I now want to ride the Orient Express!!!!

4. Civava says:

I love Audrey Tatou version.

5. Kimberly says:

Agreed with the above comments about wanting to own and rock everything she is wearing (except, ironically, her perfume)! I also this film much more than the Nicole Kidman one, but I think that the location is probably responsible for that (and whoever was in charge of the lighting, wowzah!) So much to appreciate and love, I don’t know how much of this is real, and how much was taped on a filmstage, but it amped my need for a vacation to an 11.

I did not find the guy too young. I found him perfect. Yum.

Thank you for posting this, my day is officially brightened! 🙂

6. Kimberly says:

Sorry, meant to say Like this film more than the NK one! That will teach me to proof before posting!

7. tara says:

I remember not feeling terribly moved by this one or as if I wanted to watch it again straight away, although I too love Audrey Tatou. I agree there was something missing from her in this.

I think the Nicole Kidman ad was more striking and I don’t go for pretty boys either 🙂

8. annemariec says:

Interestingly, this film is more sensual for me than the Kidman – in the sense of actually evoking scents. All those train smells, the slightly stuffy sleeper, the scents of the sea and the markets when she gets to her destination …

I’ve always longed for the little star pendant she wears. Just perfect.

9. Audrey Tautou does look somewhat aloof here, but overall I like the wauthismovie was done.

10. Bellatrix says:

Beautiful movie, but it doesn’t suit me for No5… i just wore it today and these imagines doesn’t reflect my vision of this perfume…