Olfactoria In London – Meet Me At The Meet Up And Other News

I was invited to talk at a Perfume Lovers Meet Up in London this spring, organized by the lovely Lila Das Gupta.
I will talk about my favorite fragrant subject – Amber.
So if you happen to live in or around London, I would love to see you there.
Seating is limited, so please sign up early!

On a different note:

I wanted to share this photo with you, this was taken in Vienna a few weeks back, when I met the amazing Neela Vermeire.

20120319-190542.jpg

I look very weird here, sorry, but Neela looks just as lovely as she is in real life.

The release of her perfume line has impressed me and continues to do so. My only quandary – I have no idea of which of the three perfumes I should buy a full bottle, once my discovery set is empty…

Advertisements

This entry was posted in Ramblings and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

41 Responses to Olfactoria In London – Meet Me At The Meet Up And Other News

1. flittersniffer says:

Lovely pic, and you don’t look the least bit weird! I’d say Mohur for your next purchase, but the drydown of Trayee is rather splendid…

Very much hoping to get down in May to catch your amber talk. : – )

2. tara says:

I’m all signed up for the Meet Up!

Vanessa is right, you don’t look even a tiny bit weird. You look chic and flewless as usual. Neela seems lovely. Wondering which of her Creations to purchase when you run out is a nice dilemma tohave.

3. Ambers, my favorite subject. Sounds wonderful, I just wish I wasn’t across the pond! I can’t wait to hear all about the event afterwards.

You are quite an amber fiend yourself from what I’ve read on your blog. I will surely post photos afterwards. (Non-weird looking ones preferably. 😉 )

4. Parfumista says:

You’re both look really great at the picture! And I have to say that I really like your elegant coat with that special cut on the sleeve, a very classy outfit with the matching scarf. And now to the subject, Neelas beautiful creations: As I really can’t choose I think the solution is to reorder the discovery set over and over again…:-)

5. Amy Bella says:

Would you consider recording your lecture to share with all of your fans across the pond?

You look so happy, and so beautiful! I’m so glad that you and Neela hit it off— I knew you would 🙂

Wish I could be there in London!!!

7. lady jane grey says:

No, you don’t look weird !

8. Tatiana says:

Beautiful photo of two beautiful ladies. You do not look weird. Can’t help you decide which Neela Vermeire creation to purchase a FB of, as I have the same dilemma. Alas, I’ve spent my perfume budget for this quarter, so I must wait a while before I purchase anything else.

9. You look absolutely stunning! Very classy, beautiful face and smile!

First – I wish I could be there! (sigh)
    Next – nothing weird, just a regular lens’ distortion but we can still recognize you 🙂
    Is there a chance of recording the talk and uploading it – as a podcast, youtube, etc.?

I certainly wouldn’t mind looking as weird as you, Birgit. In fact, I’d pay good money for it if results were guaranteed. 🙂

How awesome that you got to meet Neela Vermeire and that you’ll be speaking in London! Wish I could be there. Will look forward to hearing about it.

Love Suzanne’s comment, which I second! Rustling my euro wads as we speak… ; – )

13. chris says:

You don’t look weird, you look absolutely beautiful. I don’t know if you have tried these before,
    Versilia Vintage Ambra Mediterranea by Profumi Del Forte and Manoa by Memo are two fantastic amber fragrances.

Hi Chris,
      thank you for your kind words!

Memo fragrances – especially Manoa and Shams – are defintely on my radar. I will make sure to give the one by Profumi del Forte a try as well. Thanks for your suggestions.

14. chris says:

Birgit
    When you come to London, Something you must try. Roja Dove has just launched the extract version of his Diaghilev scent in Harrods, the way it was first designed to be. It’s a real stunner, but £750 for 100ml = ouch!.

15. I see two pretty ladies- nothing weird. I am sure your talk will be wonderful, and wish I could be there.

16. B, you’re an absolute beaut, as is Neela, and it’s a lovely picture!

As for for the talk, I would not miss it for the world!!

17. Natalie says:

Weird? Not so! You’re beautiful, and so is Neela.

I hope you are able to upload the talk, as Undina suggested. If not, hopefully some of the bloggers who attend will report back. 😉

18. Really looking forward to having you Birgit!