Last Week In Perfumeland – Weekend Link Love

This week I went in for my surgery. My right wrist was giving me trouble, but thankfully it was something that was easily repaired (according to my doctor, who by the way, is not only a renowned hand surgeon, but also has an interesting and successful skincare line, if you are interested – here it is.)

This weekend will be spent at our cottage again, but this time I get to sit and relax and give orders – my hand needs rest, but work needs to be done, you see? 🙂

My boys and my nephew (in the red cap) in the garden

Here is a little selection of lovely posts from the last week here in Perfumeland, come sit with me and let’s relax together… (that is an order!)

Ines, or rather her guest poster Asali over on All I Am – A Redhead poses a great question – What is your nightmare perfume?

Suzanne in her Perfume Journal finds she can love something perfect after all…

Carrie on Eyeliner on a Cat takes a look at an interesting indie brand – For Strange Women.

Tommy, The Candy Perfume Boy inquires into our blind buying habits, an interesting discussion follows…

Annemarie on Beauty on the Outside goes to extremes, as long as those involve amber, I am all for it.

If you haven’t already, I urge you to read Octavian Coifan’s review on 1000Fragrances, of the upcoming Tom Ford Private Blend perfume Santal Blush, if you have not been interested in this one before, you will be now.

Have a good Sunday! As always, I enjoy hearing from you and your weekend plans!

Image: mine
Advertisements

This entry was posted in Weekend Link Love and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Last Week In Perfumeland – Weekend Link Love

1. IsabelleMi says:

Dear Birgit, have a restful Sunday – and I hope your wrist will be fine soon!

2. Birgit, thank you for the link love as always.

I’m glad that your hand is on the mend and it also gives you an excuse to relax!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend 🙂

Thank you for the link and I hope your boys are treating you great (and the weather too!). 🙂

I skipped the discussion on Candy Perfume Boy so I’m off to check it now.
    Enjoy your weekend!

I have so much catching up to do… But you’re making it easy fior me 😉

5. JoanElaine says:

B, I hope you recover quickly! Enjoy your time at the cottage, basking in the sweetness of those adorable boys!

Thank you for providing some blog highlights – like Dee, I have catching up to do too!

6. Lucy says:

Lovely boys. Wishing your hand heals quickly and well.

7. Alice C says:

We are enjoying our holiday weekend here! Hoping you have a lovely time at the cottage with your precious children. 🙂

Birgit, I hope your wrist heals quickly and that you enjoy your recovery time relaxing and giving orders! Those super cute boys look like they will jump and obey your every command. 😉

I’m spending my day relaxing outdoors and reveling in the olfactory deliciousness of the neighbors’ Labor Day barbecue cookouts. And also huffing my wrist and breathing in the beauty of Heure Exquise, which Undina sent me.

Thanks for the Link Love, and have a great evening!

I especially enjoy the giving orders part of course, and you are right, one flick of a finger and those boys stand to attention. 😉 (I wish.) Have a good Labor Day weekend, Suz. And thank you once more for Therese, I adore this perfume! 🙂

• Lavanya says:

I loved your diorissimo post, Suzanne- especially because I have a similar view of beauty! (imperfections or asymmetries enhance beauty, move me more etc. I’m not usually moved by conventionally perfect Grace Kelly-esque beauties)..Though, I do like Diorissimo too- the version i have smells very thin and only like a promise how glorious this must have been. Must get my hands on a sample of the vintage version.

Thanks Birgit- for linking to Suzanne’s post!

• Suzanne says:

Oh gosh, thank you Lavanya! You and Birgit have made my day. 🙂 I hope you do get your hands on a sample of the vintage version, as I’d love to hear your thoughts on it.

9. Anna in Edinburgh says:

Sweet little chappies – awwww!

Take care and good luck with your wrist recovery plans,

cheerio, Anna in Edinburgh

Lovely pic! Hope you had a lovely time at the cottage and managed to rest x

11. Lavanya says:

Birgit- hope your hand feels better soon!!! And your boys (and the nephew) are adorable!!

12. Lavanya says:

I meant your wrist..

13. Thank you for the link, sweet Birgit! 🙂

Glad the op was a success and such a cute pic of the boys.

On my long train journey to Budapest today I keep sniffing my own wrist which had Ael-Mat on it – that is one heavenly Breton angel…so thanks v much, : – )

Yay, you like Ael-Mat too! Score! 😀
      I wanted to tell you for the longest time and always forget: I did not find the Emilio Pucci triplets, I don’t know where they could have gotten to, but should they make an appearance again, I’m going to send them to you.

15. karin says:

Adorable!!! Now stop typing and rest that hand of yours. 🙂 We’ll survive.