Olfactoria On The Road – Italy Part 2

A few impressions from our hotel. The boys are enjoying themselves enormously. They are in the water all day. Pauli has learned how to swim in two hours, and Niki is fearlessly exploring everything from deep waters to other people’s beach bags, leaving us not a lot of breathing space, but it is fun seeing him discovering the world.

I enjoy the fact that there is so much shade, I would enjoy it even more if I had a minute to actually read my book not only look at it longingly, but my dear husband is being very supportive, allowing me the time to update my blog, so I am not complaining.

Perfume-wise I am very happy to act like a normal person for once and mostly using one for day-wear and one for evenings. I planned to only take two bottles with me, but panicked at the last moment and added a couple (or bagful) of samples and decants, but just having them for emergencies seems to suffice. 😉

I love to wear Eau de Shalimar at night these days, smells like lemon custard, hmmm. Also SL Feminité de Bois works great on warm evenings, I had it pegged as a classic winter scent – not so.
We are going to Milan on Sunday, see you there… xo

This entry was posted in Ramblings, Travels and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Olfactoria On The Road – Italy Part 2

You haven’t mentioned any food! They are not starving you there, are they? 😉

2. iodine says:

Welcome in my home town, even if I dread SUNDAY in AUGUST isn’t the best time in the year to be in Milan! Perfume-wise (and almost everything else- wise!) I fear most of interesting shops will be closed… Anyway, if you need infos, I’m here for you! Enjoy your holiday!

Ah, you are from Milan, iodine! Good to know!
      We are there on Monday as well, so no fear, I’ll certainly be in the presence of perfume, come what may! 😉
      One question: Do you know a nice park with a playground in the center of the city somewhere? I need to occupy my boys!

• iodine says:

Hello, sorry for the delay but I’m moving to my new house, in these days… Good luck on Monday, everything seems to be closing this weekend for a couple of weeks! I guess that 10 corso como will be open, though. I’m sorry and a bit ashamed, I think it’s a very bad milanesian habit! You can try big Parco Sempione (MM Cairoli Castello) or Giardini Pubblici (MM Porta Venezia or Palestro) for your boys…

3. anton leroy says:

Come to Sardinia! 😉

4. Georgy says:

You didn’t train poor niki to rob other people’s beach baskets, did you?

“Perfume-wise I am very happy to act like a normal person” LOL! I love how we’re not normal but I know exactly what you mean. I’m partly looking forward to my holiday for the same reason although I am taking 5 decants for one week (may increase) which is still not very normal and it’s over a month before I go anyway. You’ve encouraged me to check out Eau de Shalimar at some point.

Glad to hear your boys are having such a great time, but you can’t take your eyes off a toddler for a moment, that’s for sure. Hope you get to your book at some point.

So excited about “us” going perfume shopping in Milan!

I am glad I brought a few samples
      with me after all, a little variety is good, I am not normal, I have to accept that! 😉
      I even made a little headway with my book.
      I’m so glad you are with me, Tara! 🙂 xo

6. jedennard says:

When I was young, we had access to a neighborhood pool and my brother and I spent almost all summer there. I have always loved the water. Continued happy relaxing, reading, exploring and of course smelling in Milan!