Last Week In Perfume Land – Weekend Link Love

This week we were busy de-cluttering and rearranging our home a bit. A few new closets were bought yesterday and today is dedicated trying to figure out how to build them (Yay, Ikea!).

In all that activity we almost forgot our five year anniversary on Friday. On June 3, 2006 we got married in my hometown church while a torrential downpour almost closed off the town from the rest of civilization. Those weather conditions were not ideal for attempting photos or outside activities, but it sure made the day memorable for everyone and it brought our guests closer together, if only out of fear. 😉

This past week the following posts touched me, read them (again) with me:

Suzanne of Perfume Journal wrote about Guerlain Samsara in a way that made me want to seek this out, although it never before piqued my interest. She has that knack.

Carrie of Eyeliner on a Cat beautifully described her feline associations with Amouage Opus V, it is her own fur, she does not share it! 🙂

Annemarie of Beauty on the Outside talks about a topic we Perfumistas want to keep mum about, since it interferes with what we love best. And Dee has momentous news – BoTO goes Texas.

Tarleisio of Scentless Sensibilities is a real lady, a green one, and one with a real gift for writing.

Ines of All I Am – A Redhead takes us on a trip on a motorcycle through Zagreb at night – scent is powerful, no doubt and so are words.

What are you up to this Sunday? Enjoy it, whatever you do!

Image source: Flowers at the Altar – my own.

This entry was posted in Weekend Link Love and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Last Week In Perfume Land – Weekend Link Love

Congratulations with your anniversary!

2. lady jane grey says:

I was only 5 weeks faster… (as of the wedding). Congrats – I hope you had a lovely celebration (the weather on Friday for sure reminded your wedding day to you).
    You “infected” me with Parfum d’Empire – I went sniffing them to Duft&Kultur and then ordered the PdE sample pack from their homepage… (I loved, loved, loved Equistrius, Yuzu Fou and Osmanthus Inderdite (that last one is so untipical for me, but it makes me smile).

Ha, I am glad you caught the PdE virus! It is a great line. Yuzu Fou is such a refreshing bitter citrus, you don’t find that too often.

Belated congratulations to your anniversary as well then! 🙂

3. angie Cox says:

It’s 25 years for us next week ! It rained on my wedding day too . I wish you 25 and 25 more and as much happiness as we have had.

4. James Dennard says:

I’ve already said it, but I’ll say it again- Happy Anniversary, Birgit! After church I think I’m going to be staying inside and avoiding the heat as much as I can. It’s been very hot lately, even for this time of year. I got a book from the library earlier this week, so starting sounds like a good idea for this afternoon. Have a good day, friend!

Thank you very much, Jim!

Avoiding the heat is a good idea, I would too if I could, but, alas, it is not my wishes that count! 🙂 Enjoy your book!

Hope you had a lovely anniversary celebration and also managed the closets with ease. Are any of those closets designated for perfume, btw? 🙂

I meant to tell you earlier this week that I absolutely loved your review of PG Bois Blond. It was a beautiful homage not only to that scent, but to those wide-open spaces of the Amercian West. It surprised me to learn that you spent so much time there driving around; I knew from your PST post that you visited New York quite often, and had traveled to Boston too, but had no idea the extent of your American travels!

Thank you, Suz! No perfume closets, no, but my handbags and shoes live a lot more stylishly now. 🙂
      Yeah, I traveled a lot throughout the US, I am a long-time fan of your country.

6. Thank you for the mention, Birgit! I’ve figured out that I can’t keep up with weekly roundups like you can and some other people, every couple of weeks will have to do. I hope that doesn’t make me a slacker. 😉

Happy Anniversary dear Birgit!!! I hope this means an anniversary present of the fragrant kind… 😉

8. Tarleisio says:

Happy, happy anniversary to you, darling Birgit! Do you know, in Denmark we say that when it rains on a wedding day, it rains ‘gold into the bride’s lap’ – meaning, it’s an omen of fertility and financial abundance! Interpret that any way you please! 😉

Ah, the joys of IKEA…and with little boys, too! That has to be more fun that a mere two people can handle!

In any case, thank you so, so much for the mention (seems I was on a roll this week, and just wait for what’s coming up!), happy anniversary and should someone know where I can order samples of the entire Parfums d’Empire line apart from Luckyscent, let me know!

Happy Sunday, all! I spent my own organizing…perfume samples, among other things…

Thank you, dear T! Well, at least the fertility part came true! 😉
      About PdE – you can order directly from their website, a sample pack with all 12 scents is 16€ including shipping if I am not mistaken. Marie and Lady Jane Grey already ordered theirs and I believe they are
      happy! That is a great deal, imo.
      I am looking forward to your next posts! 🙂

Belated Happy Anniversary Mr and Mrs O! Like Tarleisio mentioned, I understand it’s lucky to have rain on your wedding day too. Hope you had a good weekend and it wasn’t too stressful figuring out those closet instructions!

Thank you, Tara! 🙂
      The closets are done and we are happy, every time we build something from Ikea it is definitely the last time according to my husband, lol! 😉