Monday Question – What Perfume Embodies Spring For You?

What perfume is your favorite for spring?

Which scent symbolizes the season best for you?

If you had to pick just one spring fragrance to wear the entire season, which one would it be and why?

The one perfume that I like most in springtime, that has been a favorite for a long time, is En Passant by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle. It has a fresh, floral theme, but is not happy and carefree. It is beautiful, but retains a certain melancholy shadow around its edges that I appreciate. Guerlain Après L’Ondée is another perfume I love in spring time, for exactly the same reasons.

Nonetheless if I had to wear only one perfume for the entire season it would be something less fraught with emotions, I can’t imagine the heaviness of heart that Après emits, every day. I’d choose an Ormonde Jayne floral, but don’t make me say which one, I have a hard time doing that with this line. 😉

Stay tuned for a slew of mini-reviews of spring time perfumes tomorrow.

Image source: gomonews.de

This entry was posted in Monday Question and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Monday Question – What Perfume Embodies Spring For You?

1. lady jane grey says:

Hm, spring in Vienna. You know the early spring, which is rather cold and wintery and I prefer to wear my cozy winter scents. And then from end of May on the spring which is rather hot & summery and require Jo Malone’s aquarelle parfumes (Grapefruit…), or the lime from Penhaligon’s Blenheim Buquet. So, for those few days which manage to be neither cold nor hot I think I’d prefer the balance of Jardin en Medietrranee from Hermes….

You are so right, there are not many actual spring days, it is either too cold or too hot. 🙂
      Mediterranée is a perfect choice for those days though…

2. Αλεξάνδρα says:

Hallo!
    I will agree with you that Apres L’Ondee signifies the transition of a period, towards a sunnier and more colourful season. It succeeds to capture the delicate smells of nature, without giving me the “soury” feeling of citrus or any strong white flower notes that I cannot manage… It’s the perfect perfume for spring, especially because its ethereal and fleeting nature of the EDT needs warmth to evolve! Another choice for me is Eau de Charlotte, which is fresh but also yummy and feminine, neither light nor strong, representing sheer cherry shades that I also love to wear, even on my lips as a lipgloss! Finally I will say that Aimez moi by Caron is also pretty to apply during spring, as the violets anise and woodsy accords give me an air of flowery mystery, which I love!

Well, my collection is heavily weighted towards Autumn/Winter scents so I don’t really have much to choose from. I guess I’d say Diorella but I know Ormonde Jayne are recommending Champaca for Spring so I’d be very happy with that. See? I managed to narrow it down to one OJ!

4. dee says:

Well, today I have fallen in love with Caron’s Bellodgia, so that is on the forefront of my mind! It seems perfect for the weather right now, though no doubt it would be lovely in fall or winter as well. I love the balance between spicy and creamy; I love this aspect of L’Artisan’s Safran Troublant as well, although I’d have to say that the Caron is more sophisticated (or, at least, makes me feel more sophisticated!).

Also getting lot’s of wear: Ormonde Jayne Champaca! I have almost used up my sample, and it’s a lucky thing I’ve got two travels sprays (from a split) on the way. I think I’ll get lot’s of good use out of them.

It would be really hard for me to stick with just one perfume but if I absolutely had to… Probably it would be Petite Cherie by Annick Goutal. But you’re twisting my arm! 😉