Last Week In Perfume Land – Weekend Link Love

Today is Mother’s Day in Austria and in the US!

I am curious if anybody in my house remembered that! They certainly tell the children in Kindergarten, so I can probably trust that Paul will present me with something he made himself and maybe even a little poem. Niki is excused, and as for the biggest boy? We will see…

Come with me on a trip through Perfumeland:

The super-scoop of the week, month, year was landed by the lovely Vanessa on Bonkers About Perfume, she sniffed White Gardenia Petals by Illuminum first and let us in on the secret of the Duchess of Cambridge’s wedding perfume.

Tarleisio on Scentless Sensibilities wrote a lovely piece about being blonde and how that smells… 🙂

Ines on All I Am – A Redhead ended her Vero Kern series with her (and possibly my) favorite – Kiki.

Over here on Olfactoria’s Travels the most popular post this week was Duchaufour’s Amaranthine for Penhaligon’s, I am wearing it again today.

And finally, if you have not seen it already – Victoria compiled a list of blog reader’s favorite perfumes. See the Top 20 of our top rated scents on Bois de Jasmin.

This entry was posted in Weekend Link Love and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Last Week In Perfume Land – Weekend Link Love

Happy Mother’s Day, Birgit! Hope that all your boys were good to you. Do let us know if you received any special surprises, whether it be pebbles, poems or perfume. 🙂

Dear Suzanne, thanks for your wishes! I received a paper flower and a song (“I want to give you a rainbow!”) from my elder son and a huge bouquet of lilies from my husband. They are scenting the whole house! Also I got a personalized ribbon to wrap the sample packages I send out, a bit more stylishly. It is pink and says olfactoriastravels.com. How nice is that? 🙂

I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday!

Have a wonderful Mother’s Day Bee!! 🙂

3. vanessa says:

Happy Mother’s Day and thanks for the namecheck! Your presents sound ace, especially the pre-printed ribbon, though you can always use a paper flower for when the lilies finally bite the dust…

It isn’t Mother’s Day in the UK, I’m not a mother myself (well, except to my own adult child, as previously discussed : – ) ), and my own mum has long departed this world, but I have gladly joined in the “maternal avatar” project over on Facebook, and generally taken an interest in other people’s motherly doings!

4. Alice C says:

Happy Mothers Day to you! Sounds like you had a lovely day!

Thank you, Alice! To you too! We were surprised by a rainstorm and got soaked through, but it was still – or even because of that – fun! 😉