Olfactoria On The Road – London Day One

I landed in London this afternoon to extraordinarily beautiful, unseasonally warm weather.
We checked in at the lovely Dukes Hotel in St James
After unpacking M (my husband) and I went to a pub to meet our friends, who live here.
It was so warm we could sit outside and enjoyed a lovely dinner.
Lots of Pimm’s was consumed and fun was had by all. 😉
Since we were near, I went by Les Senteurs in Elizabeth Street, sadly closed of course and pressed my nose to the glass windows. Somehow I was expecting a very much larger store, but it looks lovely and will be inspected closely tomorrow during opening hours.

Upon coming back to the hotel there were two surprises waiting for me:
First a message saying that the course I am here to attend will not start tomorrow as planned, but had to be postponed to Tuesday. Well, that gives me more free time, which is fine.
The other news was an email by Sarah, of Ormonde Jayne.
Sadly Linda Pilkington had to cancel my appointment, since there were unexpected troubles that would keep her from coming to the store tomorrow. I was so disappointed!
All your questions, everything I wanted to ask….sigh, not to be.
I will still have my perfume portrait taken by the store manager Natalie, and I look forward to that. Of course I will write about it.
Hopefully I will be able to do my interview with Ms Pilkington through email soon.

I am crushed, and I am so sorry for all of you who were looking forward to this too!

For now I am about to go to sleep and enjoy the fact that no crying baby will wake me. Oh, I will miss that…

Advertisements

This entry was posted in Ramblings, Shopping, Travels and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Olfactoria On The Road – London Day One

1. Oh, how disappointing for you! I’m sorry it didn’t work out with Linda. But, you will be in for a treat meeting Natalie, she’s the one that helped me on the phone earlier in the week and she’s delightful. Hopefully you won’t have any more negative surprises, only good ones!

2. Lisa says:

Oh, that is a disappointment! But you’ll still have a great time, I’m sure. Enjoy! (P.S. Les Senteurs is fantastic!)

I am so happy that you are safe and sound in London! What a wonderful time you are going to have, even it LP isn’t available for an interview. I can’t wait to hear about the shops you will visit, and all the wonderful perfumes you will smell!

Thank you for taking us along with you!!!

xoxox
    🙂

Don’t get upset by a small set-back and enjoy everything else!

That is a shame about LP but sounds like the OJ perfume portrait is a lovely pampering experience so still lots to look forward to. Have an excellent time at Les Senteurs roday, I too thought the store would be so much bigger but they pack a lot in!

6. vanessa says:

Sounds like you are having a great time – and so fortunate with the weather – it is raining now up here!

If it is any consolation it didn’t work out for me to meet Linda P either (due to transport problems), but The Perfume Portrait experience is great and will have made up for it I am sure. Look forward to further despatches, especially from Les Senteurs, which is small, but perfectly formed… : – )

I think it was the last sunny day today, it is starting to get cooler now.

I loved the perfume portrait, I wish I could do that for all lines, it would make life easier. 🙂

7. RH says:

Sorry to hear about OJ! London has a soft spot in my heart because I spent some time there as a wee little child- wish you a wonderful, wonderful time!

8. Carmina says:

Saved as a favorite, I enjoy your blog! 🙂

9. Pingback: What’s Up With The Perfume Embargo? – Status Report On The No-Buy | Olfactoria's Travels