Change is hardest. Everybody says he wants to change, but nobody actually wants to make it happen.
Humans do best in familiar conditions, as wrong, unhealthy or damaging those might be, the pull of the familiar is stronger in most of us than the will to change.
This dramatic, if true, introduction leads me to my theme of the day, or rather of the entire year.
I have to stop buying perfume. Sounds silly (because it is somewhat), but it is true nonetheless. I am going on a no-buy for perfume for the rest of the year. (You read that right, as unbelievable as it sounds, it is the sad truth.)
These are the rules:
1. No full bottles whatsoever. No matter how discounted, or how rare or however great a deal it might be, no full bottle purchase. Unless somebody gives it to me as a gift, no bottle will enter this house in 2011. (Gifts are accepted year-round, no special occasion necessary, I will find a reason for you if you need one.)
2. There are two notable exceptions to the no-buy: First a trip to London in April and another one to New York in November. I can’t fully be expected to not buy perfume there. That would be outright perverse. Still, restraint is going to be exercised.
3. Samples of just anything that strikes my fancy are not allowed either, exceptions are important new launches that I want to write about on the blog.
4. Blogging will not be influenced. I have enough samples and bottles here to safely bring us into 2012, but should I really run out of reviewing material, I am allowed to buy samples and samples only.
5. Now we come to interesting part for you: THE GIVEAWAY!
To celebrate and properly start my year of new found frugality, I bought one last bottle. 😉 And I made it a big one! So big actually that I want to share it with you!
I want to give away five 10ml decants of Atelier Cologne, I like these so much, I want you to have the chance to experience them as well. The winners can choose between a decant of either Orange Sanguine, Oolang Infini or Grand Neroli.
To enter (draw open internationally) please leave a comment on this post stating your preference of Atelier Cologne scent and any thoughts about not buying perfume you might have. You can earn a second entry by tweeting about the draw or sharing this post on Facebook. (Let me know if you have done so, please!)
The draw will end in a weeks time, on March 9, 8 am GMT, and I will draw a winner using random.org.
The prize has been bought by me and is not sponsored by anybody (well, maybe my dear husband! ;)).
Good luck everybody!
Let the hard times begin! 🙂