Last Week In Perfumeland – Weekend Link Love

What I miss incredibly are Sundays spent in bed, reading, talking, napping…no more. we are up at five in the morning, as on any other day.

In a few years, with lots more crow’s feet and bags under my eyes, I will sleep in again, until then I’ll take a look at the last week in Perfumeland. Why don’t you come with me?

The interesting question about what really constitutes a skin scent is asked over at Beauty On The Outside, how do you define the term and what is your favorite skin scent?

Please read this lovely piece by Brian on I Smell Therefore I Am about his sweater 😉 Now you want to know more, don’t you? Only so much: “Today’s scent is tomorrow’s déjà vu.”

Victoria of EauMG reviews an intimidating Amber that turns out to be amazing.

For all Luca Turin fans Bois de Jasmin compiled these links to recent media coverage of olfactory science, very interesting read!

Ines of All I Am – A Redhead is reviewing a DSH perfume that sounds yummy!

This Blog Really Stinks is a new one by Jen, who is a veteran beauty blogger who ventured out to Perfumeland, let us welcome her! In this post she takes an ambitious look at no less than thirty (!) rose scents.

Here on Olfactoria’s Travels the last week brought a peek into a new line, Bissoumine, a look at an old Favorite and a newfound love.

What is your ideal Sunday? Isn’t sleep overrated anyway? 🙂

Image Source: myvintagevogue.com

This entry was posted in Weekend Link Love and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Last Week In Perfumeland – Weekend Link Love

1. lady jane grey says:

I had 14 hours working days this last week- so no, sleep is definitely not overrated !
    And Dzing! was my only rescue…

Oh my, I am sorry you had such a hard week! I hope you get the chance to relax on the weekend and your coming week is a little slower! Thank God for the rescuing powers of perfume! 🙂

I do feel for you. 🙂 One of the reasons I’m still not eager to have children is the fact that sleep will no longer be a part fo my life. I don’t spend weekends in bed, but I do relax and leisurely get up at my own convenience (which isn’t early).
    But I know all that is compensated by the little urchins running around and generally making your life a happier place. 🙂

Thank you for the link – and I like Jen’s blog very much, glad you put the link in your post.

I recall reading an interview with Reese Witherspoon when her children were babies saying something very similar — about arriving at this state, after you’ve spent so much time being sleep deprived, where your mind and body adjusts and you learn how to function on very little sleep. (Not her exact words, but a paraphrase of what I remember her saying.) And though I don’t have children, there are times (thankfully they are rare) when I work really late at night for a few nights in a row, and then when I do have a chance to get a full night’s rest, for some reason my body won’t sleep all through the night. It’s pretty amazing to think of how you can function on so little sleep. But still, I can imagine that as parents you love those rare opportunties when by sheer luck (or maybe a vacation where the grandparents watch the kids?) you get to sleep in.

I am glad to hear that apparently Reese Witherspoon has it no better (well, apart from all the fame and money)! 😉
      My husband and I will go on a five day vacation without the kids in April, the first time since May 2009 that we are going away alone. And of all the things to enjoy in a week in London, what I am looking most forward to, is sleeping in! 🙂
      Thank you for your kind words, Suzanne, and have a great Sunday!

4. Victoria says:

Oh, dear B, a vacation sounds so good! Especially if it involves some rest! I actually might also be in London in April.
    Thank you for a link! I am glad that you liked those articles.

Wouldn’t it be great if we were in London at the same time? If that should work out somehow, I would be delighted to meet you in person! 🙂
      I hope you are having a great Sunday, V!

• Victoria says:

That would be wonderful! I will certainly keep you updated about my plans.
        I used to live in London, so in any case, I would be glad to recommend some interesting places to visit. 🙂
        i