All Chanel, All The Time – Finding Hidden Beauty Part VI

This time I did not have to venture far to find something beautiful – and this time it is Perfumista appropriate beauty too…

All Chanel, all the time

A photo posted by Olfactoria (@olfactoria) on

Today on Valentine’s Day, I am honoring a great and ongoing love of mine and of many of you – Chanel.

chanel vienna

A photo posted by Olfactoria (@olfactoria) on

Chanel Eau de Cologne

A photo posted by Olfactoria (@olfactoria) on

What else is so refined, so sophisticated, such an expression of all that is quintessentially French, quintessentially desireable and an image of pure elegance?

5 and Coco

A photo posted by Olfactoria (@olfactoria) on

Chanel makes me dream. Chanel is pure aspiration. Chanel lends itself to be the wall of projection for my secret identity.

Chanel again

A photo posted by Olfactoria (@olfactoria) on

Leave a trail of Chanel and walk taller, smile brighter. Leave a trail of Chanel and feel your own power.

Chanel Vienna

A photo posted by Olfactoria (@olfactoria) on

Wrap yourself in a fragrant bubble of Chanel and be happy with yourself, love yourself. That’s all you need. The others will follow.

Happy Valentine’s Day!

This entry was posted in Beauty, Chanel, Photography and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

53 Responses to All Chanel, All The Time – Finding Hidden Beauty Part VI

Dear Birgit,
    I wish you the happiest St.Valentine’s day!

Chanel is one of my loves as well so I’m glad you featured it in the post for this day.

2. lucasai says:

Gimme, gimme, gimme! ♥

3. ariane says:

Thank you for these beautiful photos,you have inspired me to wear 31 Rue Cambon today,I feel like a better version of me!Happy Valentine’s day!!

4. Jordan River says:

Any or all of those would make a great Valentines present, especially if presented on that tray!
    Happy Valentines to you and your man.

So beautifully written and such gorgeous pics that I wish I wore Chanel today instead of Une Rose for Valentine’s Day!

I could happily own every single one of Les Exclusifs.

Have a day full of love, B.

6. andreawilko says:

Happy Valentines Birgit. Apologies for lack of comments lately on your blog.

Chanel is always befitting any occasion, I wish I too had worn a Chanel this morning. I have a sample fo 1932, maybe I can put that on later this afternoon when my FM has worn off a bit (good job it is not CF as that would be staying with me all day, luckily I chose L’eau d’Hiver this morning)
    :-)

7. Sandra says:

Wishing you a very Happy Valentine’s Day! Lovely post today. Chanel is perfect for any occassion during the year.

8. poodle says:

Happy Valentine’s Day!

9. shellyw says:

I read your post and realized I left the house without perfume!!! I never do that, I wear it when I vacuum even. And I could have worn my one, lovely, dear Chanel. This does not bode well for today. The pictures do set up a rivalry in my mind for my next full bottle, Chanel or F. Malle?

Oh no! But don’t worry, I’m sure your day will be lovely anyway, and as soon as you get home you have your entire collection at your disposal to help you have sweetly scented dreams tonight.

As for your next FB dilemma? I know the problem well, and in the end I always got both. ;)

10. Alexandra says:

Happy Valentine’s Day Birgit! The Chanel’s really are beautiful and at some point I will succumb to a beautiful tiny bottle of Bois de Iles extrait…

I am wearing NV’s Mohur today, it seemed occasion appropriate!

Oh those Chanel photos laid out so stunningly are just the most perfect Valentine’s Day treat!! And I didn’t gain an ounce from looking at them! Way better than candy. :-)
    Thank you, Birgit! Happy Valentine’s to you and yours. <3

12. Bhama says:

Happy Valentine’s day dear Birgit! I was planning to wear a rose perfume today, but now I want to wear my coromandel. Maybe I’ll wear santal majuscule in the morning and do coromandel in the evening. Oh the torture of having one body and wanting to wear 5 perfumes daily, I understand that pain clearly now!

13. Sheri says:

I am waiting for my first bottle of Chanel to arrive–Coromandel!

14. Civava says:

Chanel is so classy. Happy Valentine’s to you too!

15. Farouche says:

Happy Valentine’s Day! Are all these lovelies from your collection?

16. brie says:

Lovely,lovely photos that I so enjoy and allow me to reminisce on the Chanels that I wore as a teen (cristalle,5,19,22 and coco). Chanel perfumes are exquisite and so appropos for Valentine’s Day!

Hope you enjoy the day with hubby (and that he gifts you a beautify bottle of something highly desired :) !!!)

Thank you, brie! You sure were a sophisticated teen!

My poor husband has to work until late today, so I higly doubt a present is forthcoming, but he remembered it was Valentine’s Day at least and sent a lovely text. :)

• brie says:

The “perfume bug” hit me when I was six and my mother,who was equally enamoured with fragrance, was my “enabler” by purchasing my perfumes until I hit adulthood :) !!
        At least your hubby did not forget that it was Valentine’s day, as I did! Hubby reminded ME with a kiss and a greeting this morning! When you get to be our age you forget the smaller holidays (and wish to forget the birthdays-LOL :D !!!!).

17. brie says:

oops meant to type “beautiful” not beautify…you are pretty enough and do not need “beautifying” :) !!!

Oops, I am wearing L’Artisan Parfumeur…not to worry. Happy Valentine’s Day to you and all those cloaked in classy Chanel!

19. Tatiana says:

Hope you are having a wonderful Valentine’s Day! We went out to dinner last night to avoid the crowds. I wore 28 La Pausa. Thinking of driving into The City to vist the Chanel boutique today. Love so many of the Chanel’s. Timeless and classic.

20. Philipp says:

Gorgeous pictures!

21. IsabelleMi says:

Happy Valentine’s Day, Birgit. I also wear Chanel today – I received yesterday the lovely new Chanel 1932 from Place Vendôme. Excellent customer service and fast dispatch.

22. laniersmith says:

What did Coco Chanel say? “A Woman (man) who doesn’t wear perfume has no future.” There will always be a Chanel in my future. I grew up with Chanel No.5 renewing itself at Christmas as presents to all the women in my family from a dear Uncle. Chanel Pour Monsieur was my very first purchase for myself at 21. I have worn some version of it from then on. Now I am expanding my horizons of fragrances as I learn about perfume. Yet I always come back to Chanel. It is a touchstone and a yardstick for me. It is my history as much as it is Mademoiselle’s legacy. My prized possession in my collection is a classic bottle of No.5 that is kept unopened as a work of art on my dresser. Just the look of the name in all capital letters is pure elegance. CHANEL

23. Natalie says:

So much beauty in this Chanel post. Happy belated Valentine’s Day to you! I hope the rest of the day was as beautiful as the Chanel visit.

24. carole macleod says:

I loved this post-thank you.

If you want another Chanel related treat, read Justine Picardie’s excellent biography. It is informative, entertaining, and has lots of really lovely pictures. Lots of information about Chanel fragrances, and Chanel’s business dealings re: the perfumes. i loved it!

25. Happy Belated Beautiful Valentine’s Day to you, Birgit! Hope that you had a lovely and fragrant one!