Monday Question – Which Perfume(s) Are You Going To Take On Vacation?

We talked about Scents of Destination last week, so I’d love to know today which perfumes you are going to take with you this summer if you are going on vacation.

No matter if you are going away or staying at home, which perfumes smell like the Summer of ’12 to you?

What will be this coming season’s signaure scent?

I will take Guerlain Pamplelune and Lys Soleia, Chanel Eau de Cologne, Dior Ambre Nuit and Chanel Sycomore and No19.

With that combination, I feel I’m set for day (Eau de Cologne and Pamplelune) and night (Ambre Nuit, Sycomore) and all moods in between (Lys Soleia, N°19).

What are your summer must-haves?

This entry was posted in Monday Question and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

58 Responses to Monday Question – Which Perfume(s) Are You Going To Take On Vacation?

1. skyonfire17 says:

For once this is a really easy one to answer… lys soleia and bronze goddess!

2. Charles says:

B. – Since you introduced/guided me into the world of Guerlain – with great suggestions,
    I have picked up a bottle of Cologne No. 68 lately – and this will be my “Vacation Scent”. It is
    new to me, but old hat to perfumistas like you. Typical of Colognes – light and refreshing. Thanks
    for another great “Monday Question”.

3. It’s winter here, so if I should come North for holidays I’ll pack, Payot’s Sira des Indis, Aftelier’s Fig, Vintage Shalimar EdC and Terre D’Hermes Parfum
    I think we have day, night, dressy sorted.
    Portia xx

I love your vacation selection. You have everything ocvered!

I’m not going abroad this year but my summer scents will be Osmanthus Interdite courtesy of Vanessa and hopefully (if I can justify the purchase) OJ’s Frangpani after being inspired by Another Perfume’s Blog recent post.

Hm, with me it depends on the destination. The week in Scotland in August is going to be rather rough, with lots of outdoor activities, BBQ and midges. So I might take Heeley’s L’Amandiere with me (well, I haven’t even bought it, but I alreday make my plans with it…), plus Jicky. Then there are the 4 days in South of Spain early September, a strictly girls holiday (with old friends from University times….) – so Heeley’s L’Amandiere could be an idea ( ;-) ), plus Ambre Nuit and Blenheim Bouquet. I like to travel rather easy :-)

6. Dubaiscents says:

Firstly, since I am new here (and to the world of niche fragrances in general, oh what fun!) I wanted to say thank you for such a great blog. It has helped so much and really opened my eyes to all the great fragrances out there.

As for my summer choices, I just purchased Bronze Goddess and a travel pack of Lys Soleia, Pamplelune, Bouquet de Mai and Herba Fresca from Guerlain. All of which, I think will be perfect for the Dubai heat. And since it is pretty much summer year round here, I plan to be wearing my Armani Prive Figuer Eden and Ambre Orient no matter the weather because I can’t resist either one!

P.S. I think Dubai might be heaven for perfume lovers…so many choices (so little time).

Hi Dubaiscents,
      thank you for your kind words. I’m glad you find my blog helpful!

The Guerlain mini’s are so cute and a good way to get to know them. I’m sure they’ll be perfect for the summer.
      I do imagine Dubai as a perfume paradise actually, I would love to go there eventually. You are lucky! (Although I couldn’t stand the heat probably, so I’ll stop whining. ;) )

• Dubaiscents says:

December through March is pretty nice here :-)

Thanks to your blog I know that the samples I got of By Kilian’s two new Asian scents are something special and I am savoring them while saving up to buy myself a bottle (still not sure which one, I love so many). I feel so lucky to have so many choices available in the stores so I can try without having to order decants online. I really am going to have to set a budget….

Okay, I need to plan a Christmas getaway. ;)

The beginning of perfume obsession is an expensive phase. A budget seems like a good idea (I wish I’d have stuck to one then!).

7. andreawilko says:

I always travel with bronze goddess when I go somewhere warm, it suits hot weather (anywhere has to be warmer than here atm) I will also take OJ Frangipani and PG bois Naufrage and I also like wearing TF Neroli portofino when it is warm as I have the matching body oil which is gorgeous when it has been kept in the fridge and not forgetting FM Bigarade Concentree. That is the day time perfumes sorted. :-)
    I am stumped what to take for the evening, possibly OJ Woman as it works surprisingly well in heat, it seems somehow mysterious, I would also love to take puredistance but if that got lost or broken I would have a mini heart attack so I will keep it safely at home and stick with just the one for evening, maybe :-)

I totally understand about the heart attack potential of losing or (God forbid) breaking Puredistance I!

Your choices sound wonderfully refreshing. Maybe you’d enjoy Ambre Nuit at night?

8. Safran says:

We are going to the south of France in August and I will take lots of decants (last time at the sea for a week I took about 15 decants….).
    For daytime definetely Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine, Stephanie de St.Aignan Royal Palm, Lys Soleia, Green green green and green and my newest find, Noblige by Laboratorio Olfattorio. For the evenings Carnal Flower and Oliver & Co. Dunard with a tiny drop of Bruno Accampora Blu. For anytime Rivage des Syrtes and Chanel Cologne, if I manage to get my hands on a decant of the latter by then.

Cheers
    Safran

South of France, so glamorous and beautiful! Enjoy your trip, Safran!

I love your list (and the fact that you are taking lots of decants!). I’m currently testing Rivages des Syrtes and it really seems to be a great anytime-anywhere-always elegant scent.

9. Just looking through your above list makes me realise how (for the most part) our evil scent twin days are definitely over!

Like Tara I am also staying in the UK this summer but I shall be rocking some good summer scents nonetheless.

Lys Soleia is quickly becoming a summer fave and today I treated myself to bottles of Honour Woman and Pampelune with my birthday money so I imagine that those will receive a lot of love.

Oh and I just know that Séville à l’aube will become a fast favourite when it is released :D

Our evil scent twin days are indeed over… those were the good old days, when I was not in the least tempted by SL Tubereuse Criminelle at 50% off (saw that today, and was really close to splurge, but restrained myself at the last moment). sigh.

Congratulations on your new perfumes, such beautiful choices, I wholly approve (I know, you’ve been anxiously waiting for that).
      I completely forgot about Seville a l’aube, it is a must for me too!

• I did wonder how you were getting on with the TC and I’m glad to see that you were tempted (your restraint is greatly admired).

Your approval is very important :D The Amouage had been a major lemming for me for quite a while and I have to admit that I did truly splurge and go for the big bottle, simply because the difference in price between the 50ml and 100ml is relatively minimal.

Séville à l’aube sounds like it is going to be in demand, I do hope it doesn’t sell out too quickly.

10. Nana says:

Well, your summer is our winter down south… Am saving to get Lys Soleia for our summer, it’s not yet in our stores. Have just acquired Autoportait and Bottega Veneta, loving them in our cold weather. Some sales assistant was trying to push me to buy SL vitriol d’oiellet but I was not inspired!

Those two are great, Nana! I must say Vitriol left me cold as well.
      How is your baby boy doing?

• Nana says:

My baby is doing great, thanks for asking. I have started his initiation to perfume …must say that he sneezes less and less these days. I spray very shyly though so that the fumes don’t overwhelm him too much. Are you planning your perfumes for the autumn yet?

I take it you spray the perfume on yourself, not the baby? :)
          I’m quite happy with m summer scents for now, although there are a few colder days now and again where I enjoy wearing beloved friends like Bois de Iles or an Amouage.

• Nana says:

Lol, Yes indeed, I only spray myself very lightly… I would love to try the amouage range, it’s not available here though, I am scared of importing a FB because I don’t know which one to start off with. Any advice?

I would start with a sample set from The Perfumed Court, The Posh Peasant or Surrender to Chance or any such decanting business. The Amouages are mostly wonderful, but a bottle is just too expensive to buy unsniffed. My favorites are Epic Woman, Lyric Woman and Memoir Woman, in summer I also really enjoy Honour Woman.

11. Emma says:

It’s awful weather here in Manchester, England at the moment – cold and grey and wet! But I am going spray on some Terracotta Eau Sous le Vent when I get home from work, just to conjure up the impression of somewhere warm and relaxed! Annick Goutal’s Songes is one that I associate with summer holidays, too – I wore it in the Florida keys this March and it seemed to fit the bill :-)

12. SonomaVelvet says:

Working travel for me, and I will be at times in pretty close quarters with people, so I need refreshing and discreet. Eau d’Hadrien,Frangipani, Bel Respiro, Rose Ikebana, and possibly Nectarine Blossom and Honey. Tiare, Sycamore, and Epic for my own time. I only was able to smell Lys Soleia on a blotter recently, I had been eagerly awaiting it, as I Love Lily. Reminded me some of Vanille Galante a little. Anyway, I’m looking forward to getting a chance to test on skin.

I prefer Lys Soleia to Vanille Galante, it has a more solid base, that I somehow need in a lily perfume.
      Your “my own time” perfumes are wonderful!

13. Eva S says:

I took my bottle of Azemour with me, and some new samples as well (Amouage III and VI, Odalisque, MK Oud and the new By Killians). Weather not very summery at the moment, very windy and raining!
    I saw Lys Soleia at the airport, but no testers so no buy, yet anyway!

14. Emma says:

I will be in France for summer :) I will take with me Le Pamplemousse by Miller Harris, which is gorgeous and Concentre d’orange verte. For cold nights…. I’ll take Rose 31 and Bois d’Ombrie and few samples from By Kilian !

Vacation? What vacation? :) I do plan to get some but in the Fall. So, let’s see what perfumes I plan to wear this summer… Wait… What summer? ;) Anyway, I figured out it should be good time to wear my numerous Jo Malones (both the original line and samples of the new one). And when I finally do get a vacation, Bronze Goddess, OJ’s Tiare and Frangipiani and Untitled L’eau (thank you!) will definitely make it into my luggage.

No summer vacation? I used to prefer traveling in the fall (can’t now because of the kids and the practice), where will you be going?

Lovely choices, especially the Untitled L’Eau. ;)

• Undina says:

Since I do not have any real limitations on when to take a vacation at some point we’ve just moved it to September-October – the best time almost everywhere we’d like to go. This year we’re considering Costa Rica but might still end up in Hawaii.

16. Amy Bella says:

I’ll most likely be reeking of citronella, neem, pepermint, and lemongrass – Bug spray! :)

I’m going to the rainforest, so practicality will have to weigh over pleasure. I will bring a few tiny samples just for fun… I’ve rediscovered Amaranthine thanks to your recent review, so that might steam up an evening or two. I’ll bring some incense scents since those tend to hold up well in the heat for me. I don’t have much in the way of citrus, (And what could be more refreshing?) so I might have to break down and buy Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune!

That sounds like a great adventure is waiting for you! Have a wonderful time! Pamplelune is very good as a bug repellent too incidentally, so it might indeed be a good one to bring.

17. cj says:

I’ll be starting a week-long visit at my parents’ house in a couple of days. My mom is pretty sensitive to fragrance, so I’ll be keeping it quiet. I think I’ll mostly wear my new summer staple – Thé Pour un Eté. I’ll also be bringing Osmanthe Yunnan and Santal Massoia. Eh, who am I kidding, I’ll probably also pack a dozen other samples and decants, even though I’ll only be away for 7 days. For my cousin’s wedding (the impetus for the trip), I think I’ll dip into my precious sample of Rose Oud.

18. Isabeau says:

I am new here…but I love your website! I am just back from my holiday, two weeks Curacao.
    On the airport I bought Tom Ford Neroli Portofino and Bouquet de Mai. The first one is just lovely in hot weather! I also had with me Honey Blossom by Mandy aftelier, Coco M. perfume version,
    Tahitian Yuzu by Illuminum and Sweet Dreams by Lab on fire and of course Sun by Jil Sander because you can wear it in the sun. And a lot of samples Vetiver pour Elle and Philtre d’amour by Guerlain, Tubereuse by Le Labo, Ensolleil moi by Andre GAS and more.

19. Philipp says:

I spent two-weeks in Greece (returned yesterday) and I took with me only two fragrances: Chanel’s La Pausa for the long trip (airplane + bus + ferry) and Hermes’ Un Jardin en Mediterranee for the sojourn.

20. Last summer was Goutal’s Les Nuits d’Hadrien! I loved it so much, I decided to stick with Goutal again this summer: Eau de Camille. I was a little worried about it being a little too young for me … I find it a little lilac heavy, but it’s a dirty lilac, so it doesn’t seem age-inappropriate so far!

The lilac does take some getting used to though after last summer’s citrus . . .